Thursday 16 February 2012

Nail Art.

Now, my idea of nail art simply comes in the form of: 'Well I'll paint them a pretty colour in 5 minutes before I go to work and maybe no-one will notice that I bite them.'
As you can all see, this is maybe not the most enlightened view but I maintain the fact that I don't have time to do them properly.
However, I am learning! I got the most brilliant glitter nail varnish from Essie that I haven't taken off since I got it:
The shade is 'A Cut Above' in-case any of you were wondering and I am in love. The picture shows it as slightly darker but in real life, it is a nice dusty pink. Now I have heard that the 'Luxe effects' range are purely for top-coat use. But to those advocates I say bah humbug. I literally coat in on in layers until its completely covering my nail and this works absolutely fine. Plus the thicker it is, the harder it is for me to chip off but once again, that just shows how much I lack femininity and decorum.

Now, anything further then just painting one colour on my nails is beyond me. I am clumsy. Case in point, I painted my nails the other day and managed to accidentally stick my thumb nail to the palm of my hand. This as you can imagine left a nice splotch of varnish on it. So when I was reading my new favourite blog by Gem Fatale, (check it out, I work with her, she's lovely and exceptionally more gifted then I am at being a girl) and saw the new Meadham Kirchhoff nail wraps for Topshop, lets just say I was dubious but with eyes the size of an excited Pixar character.

Now I've read the reviews which move from startlingly good to startlingly bad. I was so game for these before I new how difficult they could possibly be to put on but now I'm not so sure. While my brain is going 'Squeeeee these are so cute and creepy all at the same time. It's like a Tim Burton film...FOR MY NAILS!' There is a little voice in the back of my head that ominously pronounces: 'These are eight pounds. You don't have that kind of money to spend on your nails you fool. You don't have that kind of money to spend on food. Do not buy them, you'll only fuck them up and regret it. I am your spending conscience and I ruin fun.'
As you can see, a moral dilemma it most certainly is.

BUT LOOK AT HOW CUTE THEY ARE:

I WANT A CAT ON MY NAILS GODDAMN IT!

So, fancy nail wraps, good or bad idea? Have any of you used them before? Answers on a postcard please. 


No comments:

Post a Comment