Tuesday 21 February 2012

Gloomy Tuesdays and LDF

I am not a big fan of Tuesdays, they just seem, like their neighbour Wednesday, to pad out the week unnecessarily. I have a ton of work to do but as I am a master procrastintor, obviously I am here instead of on the microsoft word document I have open.
While I was commiting said procrastination yesterday, I flicked onto Nylon.com to see their rundown of LDF and stumbled across the Burberry Prorsum show.

Cleverly they showed the whole show live online and I loved every second of it. The 'rain' streaming down the sides of the glass house was literally the most inspired thing to do in line with the collection. The collection itself was a look back to Burberry's roots; lots of burgundy, brown and heritage fabrics but with added snippits of leather.

Cara Delevingne wears a coat for her final look of the show that I am in love with. Plus, the owl t-shirts and jumpers appeal straight to my heart. I adore anything that includes owls.








Could they have hit the nail any harder on the head with this collection for A/W? And surprisingly, there was no fur or feathers! I have become accustom to certain things being part of collections for certain seasons, pastels and nauticals for spring, prints and brights for summer, monochrome and metallics for winter and burgundies, rust reds and oranges and fur and feathers for Autumn. It's always a nice surprise when designers mix it up a little.
So in summary, I want, I can't have and I need to stop procrastinating.
Peace out, make sure you watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment