Saturday 23 February 2013

New Love, New Job.

No, my new love is not a person, it is Zara's latest collection. However, the new job is real. You are now reading the words of the new Creative Intern for the Institute of Contemporary Arts in London. Brilliant right?
Minus the twice weekly commute and the distinct lack of time that I am going to be having in the future for things like sleep? eating? having fun? I am very excited.
This however, brought up a conundrum, how do I not dress like me, that is, smart, feminine, respectable (that means no jeans shorts, vests with no sides or beanie hats) and still manage to retain my individual style. This is where Zara comes in. Minus the stupid sizing, in which as a size 12, I am an XL, they have produced what is a competitively affordable range this season. It is all about the simple lines, the tailoring (which is actually surprisingly good) and the monochrome for me at the minute. A simple colour palette works well for me because I can't open my eyes enough in the morning until after coffee to recognise anything, let alone colour. But also, the shapes are interesting but not too 'alternative'. Fashion forward workwear, to the rescue.
I own the leather top and long-line waistcoat, but these are some of my favourite picks from their website:









No comments:

Post a Comment