Sunday 21 October 2012

Girl Crush Alert

I have a new girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I don't know when it happened or why, but I now seem to be in love with her. I think it might of been when I read in a tabloid that she helped a drunk teenage girl who had decided that the perfect place to sleep/collapse was outside her apartment block. Kudos. I have been that girl and no celebrities have ever helped me, alas just peasants and regular folk. I almost wrote pheasants and that would have been a whole different story and perhaps a Disney film.   
Back to the crush: Her style iso different to mine that I can't quite grasp why I like it so much. Possibly its because I like her so much? Most likely the case but I think it's also the fact that the way she wearsuch beautifully girly, sexy dresses iso effortless and dare I say it? Graceful and elegant. Two things prized by my mother that I simply do not possess. Plus, she's damn good with a bow and arrow: a thing prized by myself.
Her W magazine editorial is also exquisite. 

shot by Tim Walker for 'W' Magazine

Tim Walker for 'W' 

Tim Walker for 'W'

Tim Walker for 'W'



I get them a lot, many of these crushes are fleeting, case in point Taylor Momsen. I was going through another, 'I want to be in an all girl rock band phase' but with more cocaine and dirt. However, some stick around and remain strong. I have therefore, decided to showcase many of these on a sunday from now on. Most will be because of their style but some because of their just plain awesomeness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment